Victoria – RDI® Program Certified Consultant
Certified Practising Speech Pathologist
I am a Senior Speech Pathologist who works in private practice from her farm homestead, between Nhill and Horsham, in Western Victoria. I have a passion for assisting children with Autism to reach their potential.
A parent of a 5 year old boy with Autism told me that her son was frequently anxious, did not have a friend and was mainly excluded from his kinder peers’ birthday parties. This statement prompted me to search for ways to assist children with their anxiety, social skills and the ultimate goal of friendships. RDI suggested that the child’s parents were the ones that could support their child to become less anxious and improve his social skills. RDI says that parenting a child with Autism should be different to parenting a child who does not have Autism.
A parent recently commented that RDI has not only assisted her son gain a better quality of life but also assisted the parent’s entire family and her marriage.
Here are some examples of improved quality of life that we have noted with one family that has included RDI in their lives. Jack asked his Mum, “What are you doing today Mum?” Mum proceeded to list the busy schedule of jobs and appointments she aimed to complete. Jack then responded with, “That’s good Mum but what are you doing for yourself today?” Jack’s Mum couldn’t believe the empathy her son, with ASD, displayed and continues to display in his everyday life.
Some of the skills Jack appeared to have gained from Relationship Development Intervention are empathy, flexibility and the ability to make and keep friendships. Jack is also now able to, “Think outside the square”.
I want each child and their family to reach their full potential. Please consider asking me to help your family experience an improved quality of life.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- RDI® Program Certified Consultant
- B App Sc (Speech Pathology)
- Member of Connect and Relate for Autism Inc (CARFA)
- Member of Speech Pathology Australia
- Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets (PROMPT) trained
- Trained in the Spalding Method, Writing Road to Reading 1
- Address: 890 Kiata North Rd Nhill Victoria 3418
- Mobile: 0417 105 820
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/WimmeraSpeechPathology
- Website: www.fletapohlnerspeechpathology.com.au
- Western Victoria
- South East SA
- Distance Services to Victoria, SA and WA
Registered Provider for rebates from:
- FaHCSIA AEI Helping Children with Autism
- Medicare HCWA funding package
- Medicare Chronic Disease Management Plan
- Most Private Health Funds